- I hand picked the best shows that November had to offer here in Chicago.
- We featured the Chicago Roots Festival on our blog.
- I recommended Chicagoans spend their Black Wednesday at the Metro.
- Kids These Days released an awesome debut full-legnth album, so we went ahead and made them our “Made in Chicago” artist.
- There’s some great music venues in the Logan Square neighborhood, so I picked the best three and wrote about them.
One of the coolest site seeing outings I’ve ever had the chance to attend was right here in Chicago. I wrote a little more about Chicago Music Tours on Choose Chicago.
The Hood Internet was out monthly “Made in Chicago” artist on Choose Chicago in October in light of their very first album of original compositions.
I previewed and reviewed React Presents’ Halloween weekend concerts at the Congress Theater which featured some excellent electronic acts such as Knife Party.
That’s not all though. There were a bunch of other great shows over Halloween that I rounded up and wrote about for Choose Chicago.
It’s been AGES since I’ve updated on here. That’s because it’s been a wild fall and winter. But things have finally settled down and I’m going to do a rapid-fire catchup of everything that I’ve been up to recently.
Let’s start with a preview I did for one of my favorite bands Circa Survive back in October.
Had a chance to talk to drummer Rick Smith of Torche prior to their show in Chicago about the unfortunate demise of Hydra Head Records, Torche’s writing process and why Smith hates when people call his band “metal.”
Food isn’t typically my speciality but I recently had a chance to review Dragon Ranch’s new brunch menu. And I loved every bite of it.
This month on Choose Chicago, I chose to highlight some great music-related family outings. I put together a list of music venues with no age limit as well as a preview of Chicago’s new Billy Strayhorn music festival which celebrates the life and compositions of the jazz great.
My picks for best shows in October are up on Choose Chicago right now.
I did a quick write-up on the new restaurant/concert venue City Winery here in Chicago for Chicago Like a Local.